November 3 – 7, 2023
D’Alijo Retreat Center, Northern Portugal
An intimate group experience fusing psilocybe mushrooms, virtual reality and meditation
- 1 psilocybe mushroom group ceremony
- State-of-the-art group VR meditations
- Guided meditations to visualize Luminosity
- Practices you can use day-to-day
- Intimate group size: max 12 participants
- High facilitator-to-guest ratio
- On-site integration workshops and sharing circles
- Bodywork (Yoga, walks, swimming)
- Conscious Cuisine: delicious vegan or vegetarian food cooked by our private chefs
- Beautiful venue in an amazing natural environment
- A transformational experience
- And lots of fun!
At this phase of human evolution, many aspects of our lives are increasingly ‘virtualized’. Such ‘virtualization’ can often seem to diminish our sensitivity to the energy pulsing through the matter which comprises the natural environment – trees, rivers, clouds, rocks, and a myriad of other wonders.
We typically understand the word ‘virtual’ to mean ‘illusory’ or ‘unreal’. But perhaps there is a different way to think about things, where any state of awareness – for example, waking reality, contemplation, dreams, birth, death – is “virtual” or “unreal” because it inevitably evolves into another state of awareness. In this view, ‘virtual’ means that, however a thing or a concept appears, it is always possible to ‘see through’ the appearance to reveal another layer of appearance. From this perspective, our entire conscious experience arises from interwoven layers of virtuality. More important than whether some aspect of our conscious experience is “virtual”, “real”, or “illusory”, is whether it is authentic and beneficial, and whether it amplifies the luminous field of compassion, at both personal and collective levels.
Layered Virtuality presents a unique fusion of ancient wisdom practices with modern technologies, offering the opportunity to develop insight into how different perceptual lenses can be layered to expand the field of meaning & compassion, both in our personal lives and on a collective level. Specifically, Layered Virtuality utilizes multi-person VR-enabled ‘numadelic’ technologies as a complement to the more traditional meditation and visualization practices we will explore. Numadelics coax us to imagine our energetic nature beyond the strictly material domains of perception.
During this 5-day/4-night workshop at the beautiful D’Alijo Retreat Centre in Northern Portugal, we will use four different practices to collectively explore aspects of “virtuality”: meditation, VR, breathwork, and plant medicine. Each of these practices offers a unique way to ’see through’ the conventional realm of appearance, in order to contemplate the luminous mystery of the energetic cosmos we inhabit.
The arc of the retreat is focused around three different interwoven themes:
- RIPPLE, in which we contemplate the dissolution of subject/object distinctions, and our habit of imagining things as atomized and separate
- BOUNDLESS, in which we contemplate how the field of our awareness is much more expansive than the boundedness of our physical bodies
- OFFERING, in which we contemplate how our instantiation in this particular dimension here and now enables us to express compassion
Rates based on room choice
|Single Room with Shared bathroom/toilet||€1635|
|Standard Single en suite bathroom/toilet||€1685|
|Garden suite – Luxury Single room||€1735|
3 daily meals are included in the package.
We are offering discounts to selected participants. Get in touch to learn more.
Check in: Wednesday, November 3rd 2023, from 13:00
Check out: Sunday, November 7th 2023, 13:00
D’Alijo Yoga & Retreat Center
Cabeceiras de Basto, Portugal
Wed Nov. 3rd: arrival & check-in
|17.30-19.00||Group Gathering & Orientation|
Thu Nov 4Th: RIpple
|17.00-18.30||“Ripple”, a numadelic group VR meditation|
Fri Nov 5th: Boundless
|19.00-20.00||“Boundless”, a numadelic group VR meditation|
|21.30 – 23.00||Candle-light sharing circle|
Sat Nov 6th: offering
|17.00-18.30||“Offering”, a numadelic group VR meditation|
|18.30-19.30||Meditation & Discussion|
Sun Nov 7th: check-out
How do I get there?
By plane: the nearest airport is Porto. We can arrange transport to/from the airport if you let us know your arrival time in advance.
By train: the nearest train stations are Porto and Guimaraes. We can arrange transport to/from the stations if you let us know your arrival time in advance.
What do I need to bring
- Bring what you need in case you want to swim in the pool at the base of the D’Alijo waterfall. It’s cold.
- Clothes and footwear for walking the mountain paths around D’Alijo. The weather is usually perfect. It can sometimes get rainy.
- Head-torch / flashlight (D’Alijo is dark in the evenings)
- If you have an Oculus Quest 2 virtual reality system, please bring it. If you do not have one, it will be provided
Book your spot
Spaces are limited – register quickly!